Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NEWSTEAM - Updated


*****UPDATE*****

On Tuesday, June 14th, I followed up on a story that had been developing since late Monday night. An 18 year old was fatally stabbed.

Steven Sandberg reported on the story Monday, but I covered it Tuesday. He gave me a call twice during the day-- telling me some of the witness reports that he couldn't confirm, giving me tips about who to talk to, which questions to ask, and even sending pictures of the victim once he had been identified later Tuesday afternoon.

His guidance and help aided me in getting the story that I got. A story I'm brought of. A story, made possible through teamwork.


*****ORIGINAL TEXT*****

Newsteam.

It doesn't always happen, but sometimes the second half of that word comes to life in the newsroom.

NewsTEAM.

Thursday, I was reporting on the closing statements and sentencing of a trial I hadn't covered at all. Thankfully, the team had my back. Kaylin had been in court off and on for the past few weeks covering the story.

She gave me a call and sent me a pair of emails, outlining the backstory of the charges, describing the key players and possible interviews, and recommending questions to ask.

I started the day a bit lost, but, with her help, the story came out well.

Kaylin and I at Phoenix High School TV Production Awards Night; 6.1.11


NewsTEAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment