Thursday, July 12, 2012

Two Years

Two years ago was my first day at KDRV-TV. Time flies when you're having fun, and it's flown by.

Just about everything is different now. I know more about the world, know more about news, and am a better journalist.

From newbie to one of the more experienced reporters.
From getting stress stomachaches to feeling self-assured even when deadlines loom.
From using Mapquest everyday to giving directions from memory.

I've been lucky to explore the world outside of Medford, too. Cliffjumping into Crater Lake, soaking up the Oregon Coast, skiing Mt. Shasta and Mt. Ashland, climbing Mt. McLoughlin, jetboating the Rogue River, hiking a half dozen trails, spelunking the Oregon Caves, swimming in Emigrant Lake. Being only six hours from home has been great. I've been incredibly lucky to be home for both Christmas celebrations, two college friends' weddings, three Giants games, one Saint Mary's graduation, and several weekend trips to be with family.

I've said hello to many new friends and goodbye to even more. I've deeply missed college and high school a lot, then learned to love the present with that vigor.

There has probably been more change in the past two years than any other two years of my life. It's been scary, fun, humbling, and empowering.

What's on tap for the next two years? Great question. Next question.
I don't even know what my life will be like in two months. But these two years have taught me to embrace that unknown, to parlay it into something I can be proud of.

--

Earlier, I said just about everything has changed. At least one part of my life has not.

I still hate shaving everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha, Matt wishes he had to shave everyday!

    I'm glad to hear you're loving life Bryan! And I am loving your newstories; Matt and I get a kick out of watching your clips.

    ReplyDelete