Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Family Christmas Visit

The fam-bam made the trek to Medford for an early celebration of Christmas in the Rogue Valley.

As a newbie on the Newswatch 12 staff, I'm working Christmas Eve and won't have time to travel back home for Christmas. So my family came up to spend a few days with me in Medford to celebrate the holiday.



It was excellent.

They arrived on Sunday before noon. I gave them a quick tour of my place and the Christmas decorations. This was the first time they've seen my place after I've lived in it.



We went to a nice lunch, then came back and all took naps. I was on the big couch, Mom on the small couch, Dad on the single chair, and Kevin in my bed.

We woke up a few hours later and drove through downtown Ashland. Seeing the lit up storefronts in the twilight of evening was beautiful, but add the light snow that was falling, and it was magical.

Dinner at Kaleidoscope. Excellent.

Sunday night we opened Christmas presents. Unwrapping presents made it truly feel like Christmas.



Monday morning we drove around then went to breakfast at nearby Farm House where the portions are bigger than our heads.

Then, another nap.

Then I went to work as the fam took a self-guided tour of the Rogue Valley.

Monday, I planned on taking Dad out to my live shot, but the clock was more evil than normal and I wasn't able to make it happen. This was the biggest let down I've felt in a while. I was really looking forward to that opportunity and I think he was, too. Hopefully, we can try again soon.



Tuesday consisted of a late wake up 10:00 and breakfast at Black Bear diner. Delicious.

I said earlier that unwrapping gifts made it feel like Christmas, but that wasn't the biggest thing. Being around my family, showing them my new home, going out to eat, watching sports, giving presents, and napping together made it feel like the holidays.



It was a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time as well! The one thing you forgot to mention, and that we especially enjoyed, was when you gave us the tour of the Newswatch 12 station. We really enjoyed seeing where you work. The beautiful lights with snowfall in Ashland was magical! Paddington Station is my favorite shop there!
    We look forward to coming up again this spring!

    ReplyDelete