Saturday, December 11, 2010

Festive Follow: 1 of 5

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love Christmas.

When I say that, what I mean is that I love Christmas. It's just magical.


Last year, I bought the Buddy the Elf costume from the film "Elf" and wore it for Halloween and won a costume contest.

A lot of other students loved it. Popular demand won out and I wore it for a school-sponsored Holiday party at the beginning of December.

It was a hit.

More pictures to come with each installment of Festive Follow


* * * * *


In the spirit of the season, I'll be passing on Christmas related links for the next two weeks in a segment called Festive Follow. That means songs, videos, tv shows, and other internet goodies to stuff your email stocking with.

You'll see a little old, a little new, some of my favorites, and some stuff that was passed on to me by friends and family.

I'm planning on sharing 5 of these Festive Follows before the big day in two weeks, so keep checking for updates!

ENJOY and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"A CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER" by Amy Grant

This song seems fitting for the first edition of Festive Follow. To me, it's about looking forward all of the beauty and warmth Christmas brings. A great way to get ready for the holidays.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS" by Judy Garland

This version of the song was first released in the film Meet Me in St. Louis. And the original lyrics were much darker, but Judy requested changes. The director agreed and in the revised version made the film and has triumphed on.

One of my dear friends agrees with me. "Through the years we all will be together, if the fates allow," is one of our favorite lines.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PREP AND LANDING

A Disney animated special from Pixar brains. It's a great 22 minute video that won the Best Animated Television Production Emmy this year.

It's a fun, smart, funny story with a slice of touching emotion as only Pixar can deliver.

http://www.hulu.com/disney-prep-and-landing


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HALLMARK

And if you want to send someone a card, but want to be a bit different than the usual. Send them this interactive Christmas card.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to you Festive Follows!!! One of my all-time fav photos is the one of you "coming out" as Buddy the Elf!!! Prep and Landing was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete