Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March Madness: Shootaround

First full day in Providence, Rhode Island.

It started relatively early. 11:00AM. Ok, ok. I know 11 sounds really late. But let me put it this way: It was 11 Eastern. 8 Pacific. This is right after springing forward the weekend before. So really, it's 7:00 according to my body. Also, I was a college senior so I don't typically wake up until noon anyway. That was an exaggeration.

There's no real artistry, structure, or story to the video below. It's a mix of some of my favorite shots and moments from the shootaround.

Shootaround is a public "practice." About a hundred people and a huge group of elementary-aged kids were in the stands. An ESPN Australia crews was on scene, interviewing and shooting promos with our Aussie players and coach.

But I think my favorite part of this video is in the first shot. Look at the eyes and faces of the players as they enter The Dunkin' Donuts Center (The Dunk). You see them soaking it in. It's way bigger than our McKeon Pavillion. They can't help but let smiles overcome their faces. Their eyes light up. Someone says, "You can fit 10,000 people in here." Even Randy Bennett can't help biting his lips to hide a smile.

That's what this tournament is all about. Giving every team the opportunity to win it all. It all starts here...

No comments:

Post a Comment