Monday, February 13, 2012

Birthday

Last Saturday was my 24th birthday. I'm not one of those people who love big celebrations with the spotlight on me and my increasing age. I don't like the attention, I don't like the big show, I don't like feeling as though I have to entertain everyone. If a birthday is the day where you get to do what you want-- I want to spend time with my close friends, do something fun, and enjoy the day. I got to do that last weekend.



Jessica, Sarah, and I snowshoed Crater Lake. We drove up in the morning and went on a guided hike in some of the backcountry, leading up to the rim of the lake. From there we overlooked the deep, blue, beautiful water.


In the winter, there's a 50-50 chance that clouds form inside the caldera and block any view of the lake, but it was a clear, sunny, and somewhat warm day. Perfection.


The whole shoeing trip was about two hours, a bit tough, but beautiful and serene. The best part: it was free! Thanks Teddy Roosevelt for creating National Parks.

Later in the night, the same friends came over for pizza and beer and we watched "Super 8." It was a quiet evening. And it was just what I wanted for my birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 24th birthday!!! Glad you enjoyed such a wonderful day doing things you enjoy with good friends. The photo of Crater Lake is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete