Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

TV teaches me a lot. Like if I yell and don't listen to other people, I can have a talk show on a 24-hour news channel. Also, if I'm the offspring a famous lawyer, I, too, will become famous. It's also taught me about Leap Day.

Fall all of you who didn't grow up in a town that celebrated Leap Day, here's a little history lesson: Celebrated every four years on Feb. 29th, Leap Day is a magical extra day for you to take chances. And if you're lucky, Leap Day William visits. He's from the Mariana Trench, and every four years he emerges to trade children's tears for candy. Oh, and you have to wear yellow and blue or you'll get poked in the eye, have your hair pulled, or worse.

How did I learn this? 30 Rock.

The major moral taken from the episode is that Leap Day is the one day to do something you've always wanted to do, but never did. Do something crazy. "Real life is for March."
So do that.
Today is a free day, and you only get one every four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment