Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I last posted something. I've been busy doing things around town and editing a pair of weddings I shot over the summer. So, I haven't had a ton of time to post new entries or stories, but I'm slowly working back to it.

To start, here's a report I did last week about an elementary school in Ashland. Walker Elementary says 62% of its students are in poverty and they have the lowest test scores in the District.

Last Monday, the Ashland School Board attended a presentation by the school that demonstrated how it was working to improve its students.


I was originally told the meeting may discuss the future of the school and the possibility of reducing the number of teachers, or even closing the school entirely. However that wasn't the case at all. As I got there, my story changed from covering the meeting, to finding out what the school was doing despite all of the possible obstacles it faced.

Hopefully, it turned out ok.



Also, there's more blog entries coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment