Saturday, November 20, 2010

Follow Friday: Saturday Edition

It's been a long week, with a lot of hours of sleep missing. "Why?" you ask. That'll come later.

For now, enjoy these three web wonders as winter weather whips the West.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I LOVE THE GIANTS

A song that I was introduced to on the trip to Crater Lake got reincarnated to celebrate world champion torturers: The Giants





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MARCHING AT MACY'S

Grants Pass High School's marching band won't be eating turkey at home this Thanksgiving. They'll be marching in the Big Apple. They were selected to participate in the famed Macy's Day Parade next week.
Some of this blog's readers are Pittsburg High alums or friends of the school and know how significant it can be to have local representation in the celebration. They also know that it's not cheap to travel. The same is true for GPHS.
The band members raised more than $300,000. Last month, Steven Sandberg covered the band's fundraising and preperations for the biggest musical stage of their lives.

http://kdrv.com/news/local/192587



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAKED BY BUTTERCUP

One of the first people I met at SMC became one of my first bosses at SMC, became one of my closest friends at SMC. Megan Grady, an alum of '08, loves many things: reading, coffee, SMC Orientation, helping people, and, maybe most of all, baking.
She started a blog called Baked By Buttercup, that I've been reading incessantly.

Her blog says, "Let me explain why I love to bake. I love to give what I bake away to friends and family. There is nothing that makes me happier than watching someone take that first bite of some delicious treat that I made. I love sharing something I created with other people. That is why I bake.
Since starting a bakery isn't exactly in the cards right now, I decided to finally start writing about the things I bake. (Writing is also something I love and happen to be pretty good at.) I have been posting pictures on Facebook and my friends seem to enjoy them (and want to eat them), so I thought it was time to put it all in one place."



If you want some great baking ideas for the holidays or just want to see another culinary artist do their thing, check it out!

Plus she's a great friend who's had a great impact on me.



And we liked to play with our food in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment