Thursday, November 11, 2010

Snow Season

It's officially Autumn here, and the mountains surrounding the Rogue Valleys are occasionally dusted with snow.

Tuesday saw a big storm blow through Southern Oregon, dropping rain in the valley and snow above 4000 feet. There were reports of several accidents on the Siskiyou Pass near the Oregon/California border. I got up there and saw the snow in full force. I've only spend a handful of days in the snow, so it was pretty novel and pretty awesome and pretty pretty.





A ski mountain, Mt. Ashland, is preparing for the winter and hiring seasonal jobs. I covered the job fair and when the mountain hopes to open.

I was happy to do this story because it included some cool visuals, I got to talk to a bunch of fun people, and the way I pieced the story together in my head worked out when I started writing and editing. Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment