Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My new favorite movie?

I watched "Chinatown" on Sunday. It might just be my new favorite flick.



It was smart, beautifully shot, had great acting, an ever-evolving story. And more.

It's partially based on a true story about how utilities were used as political and financial clout in 1930's Los Angeles. Maybe what fascinated me more than just about anything else is that this tale of theft and powerplays didn't involve money and jewels and bank robberies, but something much simpler: Water.

Its screenplay is touted as one of the best ever. I agree.

I could go on for a while.

If you haven't seen it, and you want to dedicate 130 minutes of concentration (because it will take extreme concentration to keep up) to a movie, this is a good one. Maybe the best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment