Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Diving Right In

A few weekends ago, I did something that I haven't done in years-- play water polo.

I'm volunteering and helping with the Ashland Water Polo team. Over the summer the team plays "pick up" games and I was invited to get in the pool with them.

I played about half of the 40 minute game, and barely survived. I was sore for days. But loved every second of it.

There's something reassuring about getting back in the water, feeling exhausted. It's like hitting the "reset" button.

And being around the loud teenagers was like going back in time 6 years and seeing myself with my friends. Polo players are fun, chill, loud, goofy, easy going. Good people.

I'm set up to help coach the JV team in October, and may swing by a couple of home games to help out too. Really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment