Thursday, May 5, 2011

Easter Sunday

I have a great job, but it comes with several downsides. One of which is moving far away from family (been able to slightly avoid this one), and the other is not getting holidays off. Luckily, Easter's always on a Sunday and I wasn't working.

However, one of the upsides is befriending people in the same boat and sticking together through those common bonds.

Easter 2011 was spent with my family away from my family.

In the morning I went to Easter mass at a small church in Jacksonville, a small town about 15 minutes away. Jacksonville's downtown area is designed to look like something from the turn of the 20th century. If horses mosied the main street instead of cars, you'd assume it was something from the Old West. Many of the buildings are 100+ years old. St. Joseph's is one of those buildings. It was built in 1852. And it's beautiful.

Mass was very nice.
I think I've found a home church.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

That afternoon six of us from all three stations met for Easter Brunch. We all got dressed up and brought yummy foods. I had my priorities straight and brought mimosa ingredients.





Kaylin hosted. She made a Rachel Ray recipe called "Green Eggs and Ham." Pancetta, spinach, and an egg. Delicious!






Somehow I was put in charge of carving the ham. I hope I did OK.



It tasted good. Everyone ate it. That means it's good, right?

We ate until we got full, watched a movie, ate some more, and continued watching a movie.


It was a lovely afternoon… until another downside of the job reared it's ugly head in my direction. I got a call from Erin who was producing the Saturday evening show. There was a car accident and she didn't have anyone to send out to cover it and needed me to come in. As a reporter, I'm on-call 24 hours a day.

I went out, got the story, and got home in time to watch a movie with Chris.


I wish I was home with my family for Easter, but I'm glad it was so nice to spend it with my family away from my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment