Friday, September 24, 2010

Follow Friday: Kevin Navarro, Grinding, and Running Music

Starting something new, every Friday I'll post links to three things that I am constantly checking out and can't get enough of. It's all in the name of using social media to pass along interesting, and sometimes important, info!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NAVARRO'S NOTES

My brother, Kevin, is in his third and final year (yes, third and final) as a Political Science major at UC Davis, but for one quarter he won't be at Davis, but in Washington DC. He's studying at the UC in DC program and will be taking classes, interning, and exploring in Washington.

Kevin has started a blog and has been updating it everyday (something I can't say for myself) and it's been really entertaining to see what he's been up to as he interns with Raben Group, a political consulting firm (I think).

Check out his blog, it's got candid takes on his living situation, his work, politics, DC, and, occasionally, Bay Area sports.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTHIN' BUT A GRIND

There are a few things that I'm really curious and passionate about, and this web video combines two of them: 1.) Digital documentary films, and 2.) The world that sports can open up.

This is an eight-minute short film that overviews a football camp for high schoolers. While it shows some emotional, pivotal moments filled with passion, it's also shot and put together in a beautiful way. Several of the comments praising the video come from self-proclaimed, non-football fans who can't get over the beauty and inspiration of the film.

I've probably watched it six or seven times in the past two weeks. Check it out.

Nothin' but a Grind - documentary from Richard Cameron White on Vimeo.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"THE DOG DAYS ARE OVER" by FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE

I love this song! Been listening to it for a few weeks now and I can't get it out of my head.
At work, Emily and I will "clap-clap, clap" the beat and start singing along.
PLEASE NOTE: I don't particularly like the video, but the song is excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment