Monday, April 23, 2012

Small Town and a Big Fix

Every third week I work the nightside schedule (2:30p-12a). It's quite an adjustment to change my sleeping schedule, morning and evening routine, and the work during those hours.

When I work nights my stories don't always make it to the website. Fortunately, my two favorites are online and I'd love to share them with you.

Park Priorities.
For a few weeks, I've been reporting on the million dollars coming to a troubled Medford park. A Portland firm was hired and brought in to gather ideas and feedback from park users and nearby business owners. I was there for the meeting where those people had their voices heard.

Big Honor for a Small Town.
Ashland was named the 18th Best Small Town by "Smithsonian Magazine" last week. The magazine based its decision on culture-- art galleries, theatre, museums, fine dining. Ashland is very happy to named to the select group and hopes the visitors flow on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment