Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back to Normalcy

Monday brought a welcome change, reporting on stories not related to the previous week's tragedy. However, there was one story last week that I want to share. Yessenia found the four kids' 12 year old babysitter who shared her memories of the lost children.

Monday, I reported on a new study that predicted Medford as the 3rd best housing market in the US for 2011-2016. Also, a library book thief who posed for a picture.

Two weeks ago:



Last week is still in my mind. I found this video on Portland newspaper The Oregonian's website, it was shot while Steven and I had a live shot together last Tuesday afternoon.

As per advice from friends and family, I've been looking towards the positive. Remembering that, I've been trying to remember that my stories make a difference. They bring people into the emotion and feelings of the story. I try to remember that several tens of thousands of people see my work everyday. Remember that I get invited into homes to tell stories and, hopefully, affect their lives.

Plus, there's this story out of Seattle that makes me see the power and beauty of our medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment