Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holidays Happen to Hail Happiness: An Alliteration Extravaganza

As I used to say, there are five things I really love in life. One of them is alliterations.

Working on holidays isn't horrible. A lot of people like to complain about working when everyone is enjoying the day, but here are my counterarguments.

~There's not as many people at work, so it's a bit more laidback and a lot less hectic.
~Holiday pay. Having this job isn't about the money, but getting a little extra goes a long way.
~Light, fun, and/or fluffy stories.

For 4th of July that meant going to the 100+ year old Ashland parade. I got to see the floats, the kids catching candy, and the marching bands. Combining my footage with footage from two other parades, I created a wrap of the Rogue Valley's festivities.

It wasn't hard news, it wasn't Pulitzer-worthy. But it was fun. And the script reflected that fun-- nat sounds, cute kids talking about America, and (best of all) alliterations.

Also, I ran into my co-worker's cousin who was visiting from Chicago. I asked her if she wanted to be on TV. She said yes. I interviewed her.

It doesn't get better than that.



PS-- In my tag at the end of the story I stumble over "Ashland High School." My brain wanted to say Antioch because when I typed the script, I wrote AHS. Just a little fun fact for all my East Bay homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment