Sunday, March 11, 2012

Student with a Gun

I checked my work phone and saw that I had three missed calls and at least one new voicemail. "Something big's happening," I thought.

Turns out there was a student on North Medford High School's campus with a loaded gun.

But but that 17-year-old had it the day before. And was arrested the day before.

We were just finding out about it more than 24 hours later.

I hurried down to campus, finding out as much as I could from a Sergeant, a couple of students, and a parent.

At the end of the night, I put together all of those perspectives for my story:

1 comment:

  1. A loaded gun on school grounds...zero tolerance. Expel him. It doesn't matter that he didn't intend to use it. It was loaded. It was in his possession. It was on school grounds. Arrest and expel him.

    ReplyDelete