Monday, August 2, 2010

Underage Labor

Underage labor is usually bad. But this is the good kind: http://kdrv.com/news/local/183451

It was cool to meet kids who were passionate about a career choice and devoted their whole summer to it. The construction system they were using reminded me of the work I did in New Orleans. There were a few masters who knew all the secrets and were patient with the majority of us who didn't know anything but we're willing to learn and did so pretty quickly.

And they did some good work, the finished dock looked great. And I can't wait to see the trailheads they finish.

I had two stories due in both the 5 and 6 and it was a crunch to get it all done, but I got it all done in time, and actually a bit ahead of time. I'm getting faster, not where I want to be, but faster. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment